The COPS committee
meet approximately four times a year. The local policing sergeant, the Council
Community Support Team leader and the Town Councils Communities Coordinator are
usually in attendance. A representative from citizens advice and the
Macclesfield CCTV team are also invited to attend and send in reports. The COPS
committee have a responsibility to oversee the following.
· To enhance the safety and wellbeing of residents by regularly liaising with the local Policing teams, the Council Community Support Team and the Town councils Communities Coordinator
· To ensure that Cheshire East maintains Poynton’s CCTV network
· To monitor and promote the Town Council’s Poynton Easy Access Scheme (PEAS)
· The funding and monitoring of the Citizens Advice outreach service in Poynton
· To consider bids for Town Council Community Grants
All meetings start at 8pm unless stated.
Click to read the Community, Order and Public Safety Committee Remit