COVID-19 Information & Help


Covid-19 and opening the Civic Hall

With the recent easing of Covid-19 restrictions, we are now happy to announce that the Civic Hall is fully open again. Residents are able to access the building through the main doors (instead of the library) and the one way system has been removed. The two public toilets at reception are open for use.

We encourage face coverings, hand sanitising and social distancing within the building.

Our enhanced cleaning regime, hand gel and corridor barriers will remain in place.

Now that we are open again, we would be delighted to take your bookings for parties, meetings and hobby groups. See our Room Hire page


Covid-19 and our community

If you have concerns about a vulnerable resident you can contact Cheshire East People Helping People Scheme. This is a service that connects the people offering help to the people who need help.

See below for organisations and services that can offer help. 

The latest News and Advice on Coronavirus - COVID-19 can be found on the NHS website. 

If you are worried about symptoms, please call the NHS 111 or go to the NHS 111 website.

Middlewood Practices have also published information on the Middlewood Practices website.

Services and Organisations that can help


Do you have memory problems or dementia or are you a carer for someone with memory problems or dementia? The Time to Talk sessions are still going ahead but in a slightly different way.
For friendly advice and support from an expert in dementia, please see the Time to Talk poster (PDF) for dates and contact details.
Here’s a reminder of services available for people living with Dementia and their carers.
Alzheimer’s Society support:
  • Advice and guidance on a range of issues is available on their website.
  • For up to date information on dementia and services, please visit their website or follow Alzheimer’s Society on Facebook or Twitter.
  • Talking Point is an online community which can be accessed online for free, night or day, via the Alzheimer’s Society website. It’s a fantastic way to connect with other people affected by dementia, share personal experience and receive valuable support.
Further Advice can be found at Dementia UK:
Dementia UK - Alzheimers helpline
Dementia UK - Covid Advice
Further advice and support from the End of Life Partnership
Contact the Advanced Dementia Support Team please email: or telephone 01270 310 260.

Local NHS Trust, Cheshire and Wirral Partnership (CWP), has launched a new mental health helpline for residents of Cheshire West, Cheshire East and Wirral.
What to do if you need urgent mental health help:
  • Please call 0300 303 3972 and our dedicated local NHS staff will support you to access the help you need;
  • The helpline is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week and is open to people of all ages – including children and young people;
  • The helpline is now the first port of call for mental health help – it is operated by people in your local area who will know how best to support you. If you call NHS111 you may have to wait longer for help and will be re-directed to this local service – so call 0300 303 3972;
  • Please note, A&E and 999 are not the best places to get help for the majority of mental health problems – call 0300 303 3972 to be directed to the best local service to support you;
  • You should still call 999 or go to A&E if you have an immediate, life-threatening emergency requiring mental or physical health assistance;
  • For non-urgent help and general wellbeing advice, the CWP website contains information and links to resources to support people with anxiety, low mood, and worries relating to the current Covid-19 pandemic
  • For children and young people there is also a dedicated website

Cheshire East Council has published the following Coronavirus information leaflets, which can be viewed or downloaded as full-size PDFs.
Stop Adult Abuse Safeguarding adults for Covid-19 Community Support
Stop Adult Abuse - Safeguarding adults for people self-isolating
Cheshire East People - Helping People

If you are a Key Worker and need support with childcare, information can be found on a Cheshire East Family Information Service poster which you can download as a PDF.

Cheshire East Council is urging businesses to go directly to them and submit their business bank details online – via an official form – to receive government Covid-19 business grants, rather than using agents.
There are two new grant funding schemes, which have been announced by the government as part of the pandemic. Full details on the Cheshire East Council grant page.

Cheshire East and the government have produced information for people who are having to stay at home. Cheshire East Covid page.

This is a service that connects the people offering help to the people who need help. Further details can be found on the Cheshire East people helping people page.

Did you know that Kooth is the largest Mental Health and Emotional Well Being platform for children and young adults living in the UK?
It provides young people under the age of 20 fast, free and anonymous access to professional counsellors with safe online support 365 days a year. For more information visit

Just Drop-In are a charity, based in Macclesfield who support young people aged 12 to 25 years. They have adapted their services in response to the current situation and are now providing a virtual offer (see attached).
Just Drop-In can be contacted by telephone on 01625 665079 or by texting or calling : 07718 425405; email or for more information by visiting their website

You & Yours Counselling is a charity based in Poynton providing adults with individual and couples counselling sessions. 
They have adapted their service for the current situation by offering video counselling with members of their skilled and experienced professional team of counsellors. 
To contact You & Yours either ring them on 01625 874225 or send them a message from the contact page of their website: 

Citizen's Advice are taking calls 09:00-17:00 Monday to Friday. If you need help, call: 
01625 432847  |  01625 708608  |  07756 023416
Please leave a message and you will receive a call back. You can also ring Adviceline on 03444 111444. Email advice can be accessed on the Citizens Advice Website.