We would be delighted if you join Poynton Town Council, other Poynton residents, families and friends to celebrate Her Majesty The Queen on the occasion of her Platinum Jubilee.
Help us create a traditional, summer fete-style event by bringing a picnic lunch, a table and chairs to join the street party along Park Lane – don’t forget your flags and bunting!
Park Lane, from Fountain Place to Bulkeley Road junction will be closed between 12 noon and 5pm to allow the event to be set up and taken down.
You might also like to consider if you have any elderly or less mobile neighbours, please bring them along too – we’re sure they will have lots of stories of The Queen to share!
There will be various locations along Park Lane with local performers and entertainers including Poynton Male Voice Choir & Poynton Jemmers. The Guides and Scouts are providing traditional children’s games and activities too. Keep an eye on this page and community noticeboards, or sign up to receive the PUN for this and other useful information about what’s happening in our town. We’ll also provide a programme nearer the time, as acts are confirmed.
Follow our Facebook page for updates. https://www.facebook.com/poyntontowncouncil Or click Park Lane Jubilee Party
Street Party guidance
Park Lane, from Fountain Place to Bulkeley Road junction will be closed between 12 noon and 5pm to allow the organisers of the event to set up and clear away.
You are invited to bring your own tables and chairs. You can arrive from 12.30pm and your belongings will need to be removed by 4.15pm at the very latest to allow our volunteers to clear up.
- Many of the eateries will be open, but you are invited to bring your own food and drinks. No BBQs (or fires) of any description are allowed. Please where possible reduce the amount of glass at the event. Paper cups and plates are best!
- Out of respect for the performers, we would ask that no personal music is played.
- There will be areas allocated along Park Lane where picnics can be set up and volunteers will show you where these areas are. Please do not set up on the South side of Park Lane as we’ll need to keep this area free as an emergency route. Plus, this is the shady side of the street!
- No gazebos/umbrellas or shelters are allowed. If the weather is poor, a decision will be made to bring picnics inside the Civic Hall or Poynton Baptist Church, or the event will be cancelled if the weather is extreme.
- We would encourage you to walk to the event if at all possible. There are no drop-off areas. Parking is available at the Civic Centre Carpark. Both short and long stay areas are available as per usual parking arrangements. The parking restrictions on the short stay area, which is leased by Waitrose, do not cover Sundays.
- Toilets (including inclusive toilets) will be available at the Civic Hall.
- If you are bringing a picnic, please bring a bin bag with you for rubbish. Please make your own arrangements to take your litter home at the end of the event.
- We’d love for you to decorate your picnic table with Union Flag tablecloths and decorations. Volunteers will be clearing up after the event afterwards so please make their job as easy as possible. Thank you!
- There will be first aid provision available for the duration of the event.
- There will be a lost children point at the Event Information Gazebo.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
If you have relative or neighbour who is elderly or has reduced mobility, why not support them by bringing them along to the event. If you know of someone who wishes to attend but is unable to because of mobility problems, please call 01625 872238 and we’ll see if we can help.
The Civic Hall has a small number of wheelchairs/scooters available to hire at £2 per day for the event, but these must be pre-booked to avoid disappointment.
Print the poster