The Met Office has issued an amber weather warning for heavy rain in Poynton from Tuesday 19th January 2021. More information lower down the page.
A Message from the Mayor
See Poynton Town Mayor, Cllr. Lee Podmore's, message of thanks to residents, discover details of his role during the Covid-19 pandemic and read his New Year message further down this page.
Covid-19 and supporting vulnerable residents in Poynton
We are aware there may be some clinically extremely vulnerable residents who do not have support systems and Poynton Town Council will do what we can to support. Full details here.
Facilities, Infrastructure & Economic Development Standing Committee
Remit, Agendas and Minutes
1. To prepare an annual draft budget that is adequate to fund the Committee’s priorities, objectives and activities, and to have outline spending plans for accumulated Earmarked Reserves.
2. Liaison with Cheshire East Council and utility companies on issues such as highway projects and maintenance, street lighting, gritting, clearing gullies and culverts and tree maintenance.
3. To oversee the management of all the Town Council’s property and assets, including the civic hall, the Town Council owned parks and other areas managed by the Town Council and the areas of Prince’s and Lady’s Inclines owned by the Town Council.
4. To determine the overall strategic asset management priorities by maintaining an asset management plan and considering acquisition or disposal of assets.
5. Enforcing the byelaws that govern the use of Poynton’s parks and open spaces.
6. Liaison with Cheshire East on open spaces.
7. The maintenance of street lights owned by the Town Council.
8. Management of the Coppice Road Allotments, in conjunction with the Coppice Road Allotments Association.
9. To maintain links with the Poynton business community and to initiate and participate in economic development initiatives.
10. The promotion of Poynton’s visitor economy.
11. Maintaining the Community Resilience Emergency Plan.
12. Liaison with Poynton In Bloom.
13. To take action with regard to any other issues concerning facilities, infrastructure, and economic development not specified above.
14. To set up task and finish groups
Details of other Council Committees can be found on the Standing Committees page and a full list of which councillors sit on each committee and those who are representatives to outside bodies can be found here.
Committee - more details on members can be found on the Councillors/Officers page.
Kevin Booth - Chairman
Simon Lees – Vice Chairman
Mrs Jos Saunders
Mrs Jo Sewart
Council meetings are listed in a calendar (most start at 8pm) and you can download a document (*PDF) listing them here. The meeting agendas and minutes are also *PDF files.
Most documents are PDFs and require Adobe Reader to view them.
FIED Committee Meetings - Agendas and Minutes
All meetings start at 8pm unless stated.
Press and public are welcome to attend the meetings, and members of the public may ask questions under item 2. Please contact the Town Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01625 872238 for access details for the Microsoft Teams Meeting.
To be held via Microsoft Teams - details on the agenda.
1st March 2021
19th January 2021
30th November 2020
21st September 2020
22nd June 2020
3rd February 2020
25th November 2019
16th September 2019
24th June 2019
29th April 2019
4th March 2019
14th January 2019
29th October 2018
10th September 2018
16th July 2018